Fair Housing Partnership
Housing InformationNews Directory Contact Us
Dots - A Fair Housing Tale
Author: Gary Earl Ross
Illustrator: Anwar Morse
More Info. | Order Form
Erie County Fair Housing Partnership
Who We Are
Welcome! The Erie County Fair Housing Partnership was created in 1997 as a not-for-profit organization committed to promoting equal opportunity in housing for all residents of Western New York. The Partnership has a diverse representation from various segments of the community including government, banking, real estate, legal services, advocacy groups and community organizations (see list of current members).
Why Fair Housing is Important
Six Belmont Housing Resources for WNY Staff members
"It Doesn't Happen Here"
Thanks to the Erie County Fair Housing Partnership and Squeaky Wheel Productions, the Housing Opportunities (HOME) website www.homeny.org carries a link to a thirty three minute documentary of "This Doesn't Happen Here", which explores Buffalo's history of racial segregation and its activist challenges. The documentary was shown throughout the month of April, 2013 in various locations including Buffalo's Market Arcade, University of Buffalo Law School, Buffalo Municipal Housing Authority, Belmont Shelter, Sheridan Parkside Community Center, Tonawanda and Harlem Road Community Center, Amherst.
- Fair Housing Proclamation - Tuesday, April 14 - 10:00 am - 2919 Delaware Avenue, Kenmore NY
- Budgeting - Richard Krywalski, Citizens Bank - CASH Financial Literacy Workshop - Thursday, April 16 - 5:00 pm - West Side Community Service, 161 Vermont
- First Niagara Housing Fair - Wednesday, April 22 - 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Larkin Building, 726 Exchange Street
- Credit Cards - Robert Dunn, Consumer Credit Counseling - CASH Financial Literacy Workshop - Thursday, April 23 - 5:00 pm - West Side Community Service, 161 Vermont
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal (HOME) - Annual Dinner Gala - Thursday, April 23 - 5:0 pm - Hotel @ The Lafayette, 391 Washington - Contact Alyssa Bersten at 854-1400
- Fair Housing & Landlord-Tenant Training - Tuesday, April 28 - 6:00 pm t0 7:30 pm - Frontier Middle School, 2751 Amsdell Road - Contact Alyssa Bergsten 854-1400
- Conference "Living in the Community Changes & Continuing Challenges" - April 29 & April 30 - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm - UB South Campus/Harriman Hall 105
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal (HOME) Outreach - Wednesday, April 29 - 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Friends of the Night People, 384 Hudson - Contact Alyssa Bergsten 854-1400
- Internet Safety - Beverly Moore, Buffalo Urban League - CASH Financial Literacy Workshop - Thursday, April 30 - 5:00 pm - West Side Community Service, 161 Vermont
- Fair Housing Poetry Jam - Thursday, May 15 - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Gypsy Parlor, 376 Grant Street at Potomac, Contact Angela Woodson-Brice at 551-5755 Ext 5602